Q. How should I handle Firefox "Secure Connection Failed" warnings when trying to use Library resources?
The warning language and the steps needed vary over time. Basically, you can assume that resources reached through links on the library website are safe and take the steps needed to "accept the risks" or "add exceptions.
Here are the steps that are needed to gain access to several library resources (including RefWorks) when the Firefox "Secure Connection Failed" warning appeared in 2011.
1) When the "Secure Connection Failed" message appears while you are trying to access a Library resource, click on the "Or you can add an exception" link.
2) The display will change slightly. Click on the "Add Exception" button that appears.
3) The "Add Security Exception" dialog box will appear. Click on the "Get Certificate" button.
4) The display will change slightly. Click on the "Confirm Security Exception" button.
5) When you click on RefWorks in the future, you may be warned about the bad security certificate and, if prompted, should click the button or link that indicates your desire to continue to the website.