Q. I can't add references to RefWorks manually. I'm using Internet Explorer 9.
You will need to change a setting in IE 9.
Set RefWorks as downward compatible using the address bar "compatibility view" icon. (If Internet Explorer recognizes a webpage that is not compatible, you will see the "compatibility view" icon button on the address bar. It looks like a page of paper with a jagged rip in the middle.)
- To turn on "compatibily view" for the webpage
- Click on the unhighlighted Compatibility View icon button.
- NOTE: The webpage will now reload with Compatibility View turned on.
- To turn off "compatibily view" view for the webpage
- Click on the highlighted (blue) Compatibility View icon button.
- NOTE: The webpage will now reload with Compatibility View turned off.
If you don't see a broken/ripped page icon and you're using IE9 or if nothing seems to happen when you click the broken page icon, try using the Toole menu in IE9 to select the Compatibility View.