Q. I am using Write-n-Cite 4. I want to change the spacing of the bibliography.
This is a very simple task for Write-n-Cite 4 users.
1. If you haven't already done so, click on the RefWorks ribbon.
2. Use the "Bibliography Options" drop down menu to select "Format Bibliography"
3. Look at the bottom of the "Format Bibliography" dialog box to find and click on "Click here to unlock the style"
4. Find the "Spacing" section of the "Format Bibliography" dialog box. Change the "Line" setting as desired. Changing to a "Single" spacing setting will usually produce single spaced references with a blank line between references.
5. Click the "OK" button.
6. If these changes do not produce the desired spacing, you can use the approach that Write-n-Cite III users must use and either a) highlight the bibliography and change the spacing settings in Word each time you make a change in citations or bibliography or b) create an edited output style (see steps 1-13 of the FAQ at http://askus.library.unmc.edu/faq.php?faqid=161399). After creating an edited output style, you, as a Write-n-Cite 4 user, will need to go to Word's RefWorks ribbon. Click the Write-n-Cite "Sync" icon, and then go to the style drop down, choose "Select other style," and select the edited style you have created.