Q. I'm having a prolem with WNC 4 for Mac. I only see a tiny toolbar nubbin without icons.
From RefWorks tech support:
We have seen something similar to this before and it was related to changes made in the normal.dotm template. We would like the user to move this template to trash then open Word to generate a new copy. The following are the steps for this process.
- Click on the "Go" menu item in the Finder
- Select Home
- Select Library
(NOTE: If you are using the Lion Operating System the Library folder may be hidden. If you do not see the Library folder here, hold down your Option Key on the keyboard and select Go the menu in the Finder, you should then see the Library folder)
- Open the Application Support folder
- Open the Microsoft folder
- Open the Office folder and the User folder
- In here you should see a Normal.dotm file. Drag this file to the Trash and restart the Mac.
- Open Word, create a test document and save it to create the new Normal.dotm file.
Also check in the Word preferences to see if the 'Prompt to save Normal template is checked. To do this:
- Open Word
- Click on the Word menu
- Select Preferences
- Select Save
- If the Prompt to save Normal template is checked, uncheck it and click on OK.