Q. Is there a way to put a link to an investigator's SciENCV biosketch on the UNMC website?
Yes, you can link to an investigator's SciENCV biosketch from another webpage!
You must first, of course, obtain the needed web address.
This can be done through the investigator's "My NCBI" account or through his/her delegate's "My NCBI" account.
- Log into My NCBI.
- Scroll down to the "SciENCV" box.
- Click on the link to the CV of interest.
- Look at the first box on the page.
- Find the "Sharing" line and click on the "Change" link.
- Copy the web address that appears in the box on the "Sharing" line (see highlighted web address in figure below).
- You can use this web address to create a link on the UNMC website that wil open the investigator's biosketch.
Warning: Before you actually post the web address, check the format of the biosketch that will appear when people use the link. The biosketch will not be identical to the page you see when your are logged into My NCBI and are using SciENCV to edit the biosketch. Neither will it be identical to the Word/PDF/XML output of SciENCV.
To check the format: Log out of the My NCBI account, paste the copied web address into the internet browser's "web address/URL" box, and hit the "Enter" key on your keyboard.
I hope this information is helpful.