Q. How can you check for "Public Access Policy" compliance if an individual's "eRA Commons" and "My NCBI" accounts are not linked?


You can check for Public Access Policy compliance without linking the My NCBI and ERA accounts, but it is much more tedious.  It essentially involves finding out which of the peer reviewed journal articles accepted for publication on or after 4/7/2008 are associated with NIH funding/grants and determining whether those have been deposited in PubMed Central (PMC). There is a link at http://publicaccess.nih.gov/determine-applicability.htm that will lead you to instructions for posting a document that needs to be added to PMC and  a separate link that will lead you to a mechanism for reporting a publication that doesn’t fall within the parameters of Public Access Policy.


  • Last Updated Dec 25, 2016
  • Views 23
  • Answered By Cindy Schmidt

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0

Contact Us

(402) 559-6221
Text: (402) 370-5016