Q. I need help with my writing. Where can I get help?


There are several possible sources for writing help:

1) The library licenses a program, Grammarly,  that can help you locate and correct some grammatical and English usage errors.  To use Grammarly, go to the Library's homepage, click on the  "Helpful Tools" button, click on the "Grammarly" link, register for a personal account using your UNMC e-mail.  The program provides some help getting started.

2) The Writing Center at the McGoogan Library of Medicine, staffed via University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO),  is open during academic hours. Students, faculty, and staff are welcome to work with a writing consultant on any writing project. This free service is appropriate for writing assignments, application essays, business letters, or other projects. Please see UNO's Writing Center site for more information and to book an appointment.  You can also reach the "Writing Center" website through the McGoogan Library homepage, by placing your cursor over "Services" and selecting the "Writing Center" option.

3) The Research Editorial Office provides UNMC faculty members with proposal development and grant & manuscript editing support. This editorial service requires a UNMC fund code.




  • Last Updated Jun 13, 2017
  • Views 41
  • Answered By Cindy Schmidt

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0

Contact Us

(402) 559-6221
Text: (402) 370-5016