Answered By: Cindy Schmidt
Last Updated: Aug 21, 2018     Views: 190

There are several sections of the NIH website that may be of use:

1. Description of which papers, resulting from NIH-funded work, must be posted to PubMed Central.
2. Lists of groups of journals that post automatically, post on request, or don't post.

a. List of journals that post articles resulting from NIH-funded work automatically
b. List of journal publishers that will post articles after author request. An open-access fee is usually charged to the author.
c. For other journals the author must get the publisher's permission to post the article (if the publisher is the copyright owner -- as is usually the case) and must submit a copy of the final, peer-reviewed manuscript. See

If you have not yet signed the journal's copyright agreement, you may wish to consider using the faculty senate-approved author amendment form available at:

Button Box