Answered By: Cindy Schmidt Last Updated: Dec 24, 2016 Views: 36
To attach a document/file to a RefWorks record:
Save the document on your computer.
If your Refworks account is not already open, go to refworks.com and log into your account.
Find the desired RefWorks record.
1. Click on the "Edit" (paper and pencil) icon in the grey or tan bar above the record.
2. When the "Edit reference" box appears, scroll down toward the "Additional fields" area.
3. Click the "Browse" button (see #3 in figure above).
4. In the "File Upload" dialog box, find and select the file you wish to attach to the RefWorks record.
5. Once the attachment icon appears in your "Edit Reference" box, click the "Save Reference" button.
6. When the save has been completed successfully, close the "Edit Reference" box.
7. Look at the RefWorks record for the item you've attached.
If you are viewing the "Standard View," you'll see a "paperclip" icon. If you hover over this icon, the name of the file will appear below your cursor. You can slip down to the file name and click on it to open the attached file.
If you are viewing the "Full View," you'll see an "Adobe Acrobat/PDF file" icon. Just click on the icon to open the file.